Sunday, February 7, 2010

More snow...(this time without the exclamation point)

My checkout lady at Kroger informed me that we are in for more snow beginning Monday night, continuing throughout Tuesday, with accumulation expected in the 7"-10" range.  I just returned home and confirmed (to the extent that any prediction relating to weather can be confirmed) the accuracy of Kroger-lady's forecast.  Since it is highly, HIGHLY unlikely that I will get a snow day of any sort, the magic that normally accompanies abundant snowfall is laced somewhat with thoughts of terrible traffic, lots and lots of shoveling, potential auto accidents, etc.  For cryin' out loud it took Joel and I nearly an hour to dig him out of my driveway!  Ungh...another 7"-10" on top of what's currently here?  The snow is pretty, still fun to watch, but now that the work week is here: not so fun to deal with.  However, so as to not appear salty, below are some pics I took with the iPhone last night as I crunched through the snow drifts on my way to feed the animals:


FYI: Above (previous two shots) is where Joel's car was parked...whew.  Probably goes without saying that we were both out of breath and suffering from tired shoulders when he finally steered himself home.



Above is a picture taken facing directly south.  Looking at the trees, you can see how the snow came from the east.

JPW-ism for Sunday, February 7, 2010
  • Wives have an uncanny capacity (especially on Saturday mornings) to say, "You know, I've been thinking..." -- in a way that just scares the shit out of you.


1 comment:

  1. Nice pics again, J! I hear 5-8 for us up here. SO FREAKING GLAD I'm not having to drive up to campus now. (Although they DID close campus Saturday...whoop-de-doo, on a Saturday...haha.)

    ReplyDelete

Followers